Subtitle: Counting calories is not enough, and I will take my diet seriously.
What I eat is important,
When I eat is important.
This screen shot below shows my blood sugar levels coming down to safe levels within a couple of days of altering my diet. No insulin was being taken. I was taking Metaformin, but after one week I stopped taking it also.
I'm learning that my body is a genius at homeostasis. My chemical systems are intended by nature to monitor certain substances in my body that are critical to survival. I have many hormones which can be called into play when needed to help important processes take place.
One of those hormones is insulin. If I'm eating several times a day, and those meals contain carbs and sugars, then every time I eat I'm telling my body, "store fat."
If I can reduce the amount of times I'm eating and triggering an insulin response, then my body has time to take a step back and say, "Okay, let's get rid of some of this extra fat that is lying around." Especially if my blood isn't full of glucose from a recent snack.
I learned that my body can make glucose easily when it needs it. It can make it from proteins in my tissues, and it can make it from fat cells stored in various places and forms around my body.
A full night of fasting and good sleep is important for the brain and the body to operate properly. Jason Fund recommends fasting as a legitimate way to go, but I'm not convinced I need to do that just yet.
Two or three good meals a day should be realistic for me. And no more sugar.
