Saturday, October 05, 2019

The Diabetes Journal: Entry ##

It is mid-October 2019 and I'm now a full six weeks into monitoring my blood sugar and maintaining a sugar-free diet. Sugar levels have averaged 6 or below, with a couple of occasional spikes up into high 7s or low 8s. Weight has stabilized at 200 lbs or slightly under. Brenda says I've taken off 30 lbs since August, cut honestly I don't recall weighing that much. I remember it being mid 220s. 

Truth is, I like not having my gut entering the room before my head!


I'm now experimenting with adding small amount of naturally occurring carbs, such as a small amount of rice, or a slice of bread, or a bit of salad dressing. These carb intakes have not had any effect on my sugar levels. 

I'll continue to maintain the no-sugar, as-few-carbs-as-possible diet, and also continue to ensure my protein intake is balanced. 

Blood work goes in soon, and we'll see what the doc says.